The ‘Formula One Großer Preis von Österreich’ has been confirmed as a fixture on the F1 racing calendar until at least 2027 following a four-year extension to its contract. Here is all you need to know:
– After an absence of 11 years from the F1 itinerary, the Red Bull Ring returned in style in June 2014 and laid a solid foundation for the modern era of the Austrian Grand Prix.
– The Red Bull Ring, which is situated in the Steiermark region, is the only Formula One circuit in the country and has a reputation as one of the highlights on the calendar, despite recent high-profile additions such as Las Vegas. The wall of colour created by the travelling ‘orange army’ of Max Verstappen fans is one of the most recognisable spectacles of the modern F1 calendar.
– Eleven Grands Prix have been staged at the Red Bull Ring so far, including two races in both 2020 and 2021. The venue has hosted many memorable moments involving star names of the motorsport world, as well as some key home wins for Oracle Red Bull Racing.
– The all-time leader in terms of F1 race wins in Austria is Verstappen on four (2018, 2019 and a double win in 2021) ahead of Alain Prost on three.
– The 2023 Austrian Grand Prix is set to take place on the weekend of June 20 – July 2.