This weekend, Ford Performance is celebrating competition with a display of high performance vehicles and first reunion of the eight Ford LM GTE Pro race cars, five years after the historic 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans victory.
Also featured in the Ford display during the event:
- A chat with former Ford GT racing drivers Joey Hand and Billy Johnson
- The recently revealed ’64 Prototype Heritage Edition Ford GT
- A strictly limited production Mk II
- An early engineering and development prototype Ford GT
- Other exciting Ford vehicles like the 2021 Ford Shelby GT500 Track Pack, the Mustang Mach-E and Mustang Mach 1
- Ford CEO Jim Farley to participate in “Future of Motorsports” panel discussion
The weekend will showcase iconic vintage Ford Mustangs such as the Shelby GT350, the 1970 Mustang Boss 302 Trans-Am raced by Parnelli Jones and George Follmer and the Shelby Trans Am Mustang. An original Ford GT40 will also take part in the event, along with the 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe (CSX2286) known at the time as Carroll Shelby’s “secret weapon.” CSX2286 was built for the 1964 24 Hours of Le Mans and is the last of only six Daytona Coupes built. It will race on track alongside eight original Shelby Cobras.
Weathertech Laguna Seca Raceway in the Monterey area
The cars will be in Ford’s paddock display on Nov. 11-14 and track on Nov. 13-14