CONCORD, NC (July 13, 2023) – Racing America announced today they have hired Toby Christie as Editor-In-Chief of RacingAmerica.com and its entire digital platform. Additionally, a strategic partnership has been formalized with his racing website TobyChristie.com that will broaden and deepen the coverage of both sites by sharing assets, resources, personnel, and services to help fuel growth across both platforms.
Racing America will benefit from the in-depth coverage that Christie and his team of writers give to all three of the major NASCAR touring series – the NASCAR Cup, Xfinity and Truck Series along with coverage of the IndyCar Series. Additionally, TobyChristie.com will broaden its coverage in the short track and pavement racing community that Racing America specializes in, while also gaining deeper access to the NASCAR Cup Series teams. Finally, both will look to share advertising and sponsorship to create more reach, scale, and viewership.
Ultimately, this partnership will simply provide more coverage, access and storytelling for the racing industry and its fans.
NOTES OF INTEREST:
- TobyChristie.com: Toby Christie is the founder and editor-in-chief of TobyChristie.com and has been covering NASCAR and its related series for over 16 years. He is a native Texan and moved to the Charlotte area to bolster his NASCAR coverage in 2021. After years of writing for various outlets, Toby created his own home for NASCAR and racing news, TobyChristie.com, in January 2019.
- More on TobyChristie.com: Toby built the site from scratch with a desire to bring a comprehensive palette of NASCAR coverage to racing fans. TobyChristie.com covers the top players in the sport, the underdogs, and everyone in between. The site even covers the drivers who haven’t quite broken in yet. The mantra for TobyChristie.com has always been that everyone in the sport of auto racing has a story, and they all should have a chance for their story to be told. Toby himself, also Co-hosts the Final Lap Weekly Podcast with Kerry Murphey
- Racing America: Launched in 2021 by RTA Media Holdings LLC, the Racing America platform features grassroots pavement racing from across the country as well as diving deep into NASCAR Cup team content. Racing America streams over 250 racing events each year and produces a variety of motorsports content for its fans and partners. RTA Media Holdings LLC is an affiliate of the Race Team Alliance. Between Racing America and its owner teams, they hold over 10 million followers across their social and digital platforms.
- Colin Smith, President, Racing America: “We have been working with Toby behind the scenes for a number of months now and have been very impressed with his team’s dedication, work-ethic and commitment to creating great racing content. Hiring Toby as our new Editor-In-Chief and formalizing this partnership will immediately have a positive impact on all of our racing coverage.”
- Toby Christie, Editor, TobyChristie.com: “Officially rolling out this strategic partnership is something that has been a goal that has been months in the making, and the Racing America team taking a chance on myself, Joseph Srigley, and our entire staff is not a decision that is lost on me. I take extreme pride in being a part of the Racing America team, which has tirelessly covered the world of short-track racing and NASCAR. I look forward to bringing my knowledge and inside track of the NASCAR National Series ranks to Racing America. I feel like together, we can form an incredible one-two punch of local and national short-track pavement racing, NASCAR National Series and IndyCar Series content that fans of racing desperately crave.”
Racing America is a digital-centric, direct to consumer motorsports media platform whose business priorities are live event streaming, content creation/sponsorship, and production services. Racing America is focused on creating and publishing live and on-demand motorsports content on three main platforms – RacingAmerica.com, RacingAmerica.TV (OTT platform) and the Racing America Channel (24/7 FAST, free streaming service)
Custom Hot Wheels and Matchbox Cars For Sale - The Coldnose Garage on Etsy